- Lora has cooler boots than me - and she lives in a much warmer climate than I do!
- Heather has never flown on an airplane and this trip was her first train ride.
- I am older than both of them.
- Marc and Bobbie's kids are troopers! They walked and walked with us without complaining.
- Both Lora and Heather like Mary Kay cosmetics.
- Lora lives a few miles from where my husband proposed to me! She also has relatives that live in the same state as me...When are you planning to visit them??
And the food in Chicago! Yummy! Just take a look at some of the wonderful things I ate on this trip.
I also treated myself to a Starbucks or two..maybe three! On the last morning of my weekend getaway, my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, neice and nephew drove into the city to meet me for breakfast. We ate at a cute breakfast restaurant. I was so happy to get to see them while I was in town, even if for a quick visit. The food turned out to be the biggest Eggsperience of my life! I did not need to stop for lunch on my drive home, that was for sure!
My Chicago Weekend Wrap up would not be complete without mentioning the Santa Speedo Run. We did catch a "flash" of some speedo wearing folks running by as we were walking down Michigan Avenue. It was not until I got home and read this article http://diabetesnewshound.com/type1/santa-speedo-run/
|(This photo is actually of the Boston Santa Run, but I wanted you to get the idea!)|